Infants and Toddlers
Speech Therapy and Language Therapy Services for Infants and Toddlers
Communication Matters offers a full-range of services for infants and toddlers including:
- Free Screenings
- Comprehensive Evaluations
- Individual and Small Group Therapy
- Home and Daycare Visits
- Consultation to other healthcare providers, hospitals, schools, early intervention programs, preschools, and parent groups.
- Therapy is typically delivered in an intimate, one-on-one setting, but group therapy sessions are also offered to enhance social communication.
AREAS OF EVALUATION AND TREATMENT
Communication Matters offers pediatric speech and language evaluation and treatment services in the following areas:
- Articulation/Phonological Disorders (impaired production of speech sounds)
- Receptive and Expressive Language Delays
- Auditory Comprehension
- Apraxia of Speech (impaired ability to sequence muscle movements to produce speech)
- Auditory Learning
- Development of Sign and Spoken Language in Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Children
- Pre-Literacy Skill Development
If you have concerns about the communication skills of you or your loved one, please call (904) 342-5984 for a complimentary personal consultation.
It is generally accepted that a great deal of brain development occurs during a child’s first three years. Early intervention ideally begins as soon as there is any indication of developmental delay, as much can be done to get a child back onto a typical development track. Communication Matters offers in-home therapy programs for children under the age of three that focuses on building functional communication, social, self-help, and play skills.
Baby Steps: Learn the Signs. Act Early.
Early recognition of developmental disabilities, such as autism, is key for parents and providers.
The CDC realized the impact on families and invested in a campaign to help parents measure their children’s progress by monitoring how they play, learn, speak, and act.