• Communication Matters is a wonderful company. She has made our therapy experience so easy and enjoyable. My son was trapped in his inability to communicate and she made progress with him every session! His progress has been amazing to witness and we couldn’t have done it without Communication Matters! I have and will continue to recommend her!
• Sara/Communication Matters is amazing! She is so enthusiastic about speech therapy and truly makes the sessions fun for your little one. My son asked every week what day he was going to get to see Ms. Sara because he so looked forward to her coming. We saw big improvements in his speech and articulation in a short period of time. She offers practical advice and tips for continuing to work with your child at home. Sara is a joy to work with and we highly recommend her!
• Our experience with Sarah has been such a blessing. The one on one sessions have really helped my sons vocabulary immensely!! Also the fact that she can also come to school is great as well. Hands down one of the best speech therapist around!!
• My 5 year old son made great strides with Sara at Communication Matters. He was always very excited for the days Ms. Sara was coming to school to work with him. Sara was very accommodating to his school schedule and even arranged for him to share a session with his classmate so we could split the cost. She provided a comprehensive evaluation at the beginning and even provided helpful tips for working at home with him, before we even decided to use her services. She is caring, enthusiastic and readily able to engage young minds. I’m happy to report after working with my son this summer he was ready for Kindergarten!
• We’ve been taking the baby sign language class with Sara for about 5 months now. Sara’s a great instructor. She always keeps the class fun and interesting with games, music and songs that we sing.
My 7 month old daughter has started signing “milk”, that’s one that we’ve learned. I am looking forward to her learning more signs so we can communicate better before she can speak.
• I’ve been taking the baby sign language class for 3 months. My son Vincent can use the signs for “more, eat, jump and milk”. The instructor Sara is really fun to learn from and she incorporates the babies and moms into the class and teaches us many signs.
• I’ve been taking the sign language class for about 4 months. What I appreciate about the class the most is that our baby is able to communicate with us by using her sign language instead of words.
The signs that my daughter has learn from the class is “milk, all-done,” her favorite thing is to watch fans so she’s learn “fan”, also “more” for more food, also “mommy” is getting close, that’s a hard one but she’s getting close.
• I’ve been in the sign class for 4 months. I started the class 3 months before my child was even born. She’s starting to recognize a couple of signs now. When my husband and I sign “milk”, she knows she s about to get her bottle. She knows “bath”, we gets excited, we start to sing the bath time song, she actually starts to play getting ready for her bath. She knows “dirty”, I always ask her if her diaper is dirty, she knows she’s about to get a diaper change.
• Sara is highly skilled, dedicated, and compassionate. She has the unique ability to combine evidence-based practices with creativity, flexibility, and passion to meet children’s individual skill levels and needs. She takes time to ensure that families are involved with the children’s progress and patiently listens to parents’ concerns, comments, and questions.
A.S., M.S., CCC-SLP, former co-worker
• I appreciate Sara taking the time to teach me sign language so I could have better communication with my son. She also taught me to understand more about the Deaf community so I felt more prepared to move forward with my son, Jeffrey. Being a non-native English speaker, I appreciate more than ever that Sara made sure I understood all the information that was presented by trying to speak my language and using many visual cues. I will never forget her patience and I will show my gratitude by continuing to practice sign language with my son. I can only hope that there are more teachers like Sara out in this world who spend time with parents of Deaf children.
• Sara is a skilled and reliable speech therapist. She has an exceptional knowledge base of hearing loss, Deaf culture, and is fluent in sign language. She shows extreme compassion for her students and contributes hours to educating and mentoring parents and other professionals. It has been an extreme pleasure working with her for the past four years. She is a great person and a dedicated professional.